Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hagwilget Suspension Bridge - Hagwilget British Columbia Vike's Best Pictures From 2015


Above Photo: Hagwilget Suspension Bridge Hagwilget, British Columbia.

I thought I would look back through 2015 and pull out some of my better photos that I had taken from around British Columbia. I know a lot of folks started following me
after my posting about this Suspension bridge.

As my journey continued I came to a spot in the road where my eyes almost popped out of my head. I hit the brakes, pulled the car over to the side of the road, put the transmission into park and jumped out walking quickly to the other side of the road. 

What I stood looking at, was simply amazing, it was the Hagwilget Canyon and Suspension Bridge, and if that wasn’t enough, the colours of Fall made the scene just that much more spectacular. This honestly is a must see for anyone traveling up Highway 16 to the Hazelton’s.

The Hagwilget Canyon Suspension Bridge, the Ksan Historical Village and Old Hazelton is off Highway 16, on Highway 62. Just follow the highway and you will cross the Suspension Bridge and a few more miles down the road, the Ksan Historical Village.


The Hagwilget Canyon is truly breath taking, it is way, way down there into the canyon. As we drove across the single lane bridge, my wife yelled out, holy ****. It was that large of a drop. It is the highest suspension bridge in Canada.

When you cross the bridge, and to your right, you can park your vehicle in a gravel parking lot and walk back and onto the bridge, from there, look down and you will be amazed. 

On your way back to the vehicle, there is an area set aside on the left with park benches so you can just sit and look at the beauty of the canyon and the rugged mountains in the background.

The Hagwilget Canyon and Suspension Bridge ranks up there with many of the best sights to see in all of British Columbia. Do take the time to stop and visit.

For any and all information about the Hagwilget Canyon and Suspension Bridge and other interesting places to see around the Hazelton's, please visit the below links.

Hazelton Area Visitor Centre.

New Hazelton Visitor Centre Tourist Information. (Facebook)


If you have a picture or story you would like to share on the Travel British Columbia with Brian Vike blog, please contact me at b_vike@telus.net

Travel British Columbia with Brian Vike.

Travel Houston, British Columbia with Brian Vike.

No comments:

Post a Comment